Friday, February 1, 2013

Finished Up A Good Month Of Training

January 30th: The weather alert system woke me up right before 7am. Classes delayed until 10 because of the icy roads. Yes! Score! Back to sleep. Got up at 9ish. Breakfast and out the door for classes. 10-11:25 lab and then 12-12:50 lecure.10 miles-(1:17:20) at 1:42pm. Stopped to stretch after 2.5mi. and then again after 8.2mi. to talk to Perry. He was doing a ladder of speedwork. It was really foggy out, but nice weather for a long run as far as I'm concerned. Felt pretty good the whole time. I like to do my long run within the first few days of every week. It's better for me to not leave it for the end of the week where I might falter or find a reason to run less. Homework/computer lab from 3:35-5:40. Picked up some ground beef for dinner. Back to make dinner. Ground beef, fettuccine, very good green beans, and a piece of bread. Relaxing night.

January 31st: Woke up to see that most of the snow was already melted. Awesome! I Love when it is above 42 degrees. It was really windy, but I'll take it compared to the 0-32 degrees that has dominated the past month. All of the cold weather was really bogging me down. Refreshing to have a day like today :) Ran in shorts. It had been awhile! Out for 5 miles-(41:38) at 12pm. Homework/computer lab from 3:15-6:15ish with Liz, as I remember it. I originally planned on running another 3 miles around 4:30, but I decided not to as the day went on and I realized how sore I felt. Back to make dinner. 2 cans of soup and fettuccine. No meat tonight. I don't think I fell asleep until 1ish. 178 miles for January :)

No comments:

Post a Comment