Monday, February 4, 2013

Starting February Right!

February 1st: 7:27am wake up. Overslept by 30min. I could have sworn I set my alarm. Oh well. Out the door within 13min. Grabbed a banana and bagel for the drive. Made it to class with time to spare. Teacher was late by 5min. Lecture: 8-9:20. Computer lab with Liz: 9:30-10:30ish. Had a couple bowls of cereal and an apple. Took a nap: 12:40-2:15. Ran 8mi.-(66:05) at 2:45pm with a 15min. break just after 4mi.-(33:40) because my stomach was really bothering me. Used the restroom and drank some water. Out for another 4mi.-(32:25)...felt a lot better. Weights and push ups after along with a shower. Had a bowl of cereal and a sandwich during the PM along with chicken wings that Liz bought later on :)

February 2nd: 9:40am wake up. Went on my laptop for an hour. Changed up for my 1st run and had a banana...was out the door at 11am. 3mi-(25:18)...felt easy. Stretched and then made some breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with light brown sugar and syrup, a bagel with butter and the same sugar, a gala apple, and some water. PB&J...1 1/2 sandwiches with some water. Another 6mi.-(46:12) at 4:36pm. Bloody nose towards the end of the run. I felt dehydrated after getting back. Drank a lot of water. Showered and did some homework. Washed dishes while making dinner by myself: a package of ramen noodles and half a box of rice pilaf with black beans + salsa all mixed together. Snacked on milk chocolate chips after.

February 3rd: 8:12am wake up. Helping out with the local 4mi. race this morning. Real easy 1st run of 3mi.-(25:52) at 8:34am. Showered and headed to the store to pick up some bananas, apples, and a Clif bar. Brought the fruit to the race. Helped with directing runners in the right direction. A couple of my teammates ended up running it. The guy who won was cruising!...22:12-(5:33 per mi. pace). Made we want to be racing. I think I would've had a tough time hanging with him with my current fitness level though. Back to pack up and head home for a day. Uneventful drive. Watched some of the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix on ESPN2. Congrats to Centrowitz for his smooth victory in the mile race and Galen Rupp for his 2nd place effort! Great races, both of them! :) The local track is clear of snow so I ran there for a workout at 5:12pm. It's fairly rare for it to be cleared off at this time of year. Completed a legit 7mi.-(2.25mi. wu-19:40, about 10min. of stretching/dynamics, 1mi.-6:07, 1mi.-5:53, .5mi.-2:49, and 1.75mi. cd-15:25). I took 450m. of rest after the mile repeats. Just jogged it clockwise. The first mile repeat was just getting my legs used to the pace. It was a shock to my system haha. I felt pretty good during the second repeat. I felt controlled. I love that feeling of going fast and not having that feeling of exhaustion half-way or 3/4 of the way through. Brought it home with the 800(.5mi.) repeat. All in all, I feel good about this workout that I completed in the dark by myself. Good conditions with only a light breeze. Back to shower and eat dinner. 3 1/2 slices of pizza and shrimp! Watched some of the game. Weird power outage. At least the players got a break though. Congrats to the 49ers for catching up! The Ravens are full of themselves. Until next year. Bed by 12.
50 miles for the week! BAM!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment