Thursday, February 7, 2013

Impending Snowstorm

February 4th: 8:40am wake up. Ran 5mi-(42:45) at 9:08am. It was cold and unwelcoming out and I was sore from the previous day's speedwork.  I'm glad I wore my face mask because it was windy during parts. Back to shower, eat breakfast, and pack up. Left by 10:45. Lecture 12-1:45pm with a short break and then Lab 2-3:42. Bumped into Matt and Hattie when I was leaving. It was nice to talk to them...hadn't seen either of them in awhile. Went grocery shopping right after: 7 bananas, 7 apples, 6 cinnamon-raisin bagels, loaf of oatmeal bread, broccoli, 2 boxes of pasta, 1/2 gallon of milk, Wishbone Italian dressing, cookies, a couple frozen bags of dinner, and I forgot to get a salad+Clif bars. Oh well. Easy day of running after a solid 50-mile week. Made one of the frozen bags for dinner: Voila Beef Stir Fry with broccoli. I was still hungry so I had 2 pieces of oatmeal bread with peanut butter along with 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with brown sugar. Pretty good :)

February 5th: 3 mi.-(25:42) at 10:56am. Another 5 mi.-(38:34)-(1mi. wu, 4x3min. on;off, and .7mi. cd) at 4:56pm. I'm planning on Tuesdays being my tempo/fartlek days and Saturdays being my speed workout days, but the impending snowstorm this weekend could change that. I really do need to get in some mile repeats for racing if I'm going to be competitive this year.

February 6th: 6:50am wake up. Got ready for school, ate breakfast, and out the door by 7:35. Half a sub, a Clif bar, and a granola bar for lunch. 12 mi.-(1:35:18) with 17 minutes of waiting around for Nacho to show up though. I ran 4 miles, waited around, ran another .5mi, waited some more, ran another .5mi., and then he showed up. Ran another 5.5mi. with him and Matt L. along with 1.5mi. that I added on by myself. I started at 1:56pm. Didn't finish until 3:49. My goal is to run 12mi. averaging under 8min. pace next week with only a few minutes break for stretching if needed after 2-3 miles. Green beans, slices of onion, and eggs all cooked together along with some well-cooked broccoli for dinner, thanks to Liz! It was delicious :)


No comments:

Post a Comment