Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Day Off In Awhile

January 28th: 8:45am wake up. Organized my things for the drive back. I decided to put off my 5 mile planned upon run until later because I was feeling rundown and sore from the previous week's training. Some cereal and a bagel for breakfast. Hot tub for 20ish minutes and shower before heading out. Left for class at 10:30. Lecture 12-1:50 with a short break halfway through and then Lab 2-3:30. I had a Clif bar in between. It started snowing during lecture and it was still coming down pretty good at 4. Picked up some groceries: 6 bananas, 6 gala apples, fresh green beans, a loaf of honey oat bread, 6 banana bread bagels, apple juice, milk, eggs, a roll of mentos, a small bag of milk chocolate chips, a 2 pound bag of light brown sugar, and 4 raisin walnut Clif bars. Got back to my place by 5. I decided to end my running streak of 27 days and opt for a day off. I was beginning to feel like I was obligated to run every day without question. That's not what running is to me and I don't want it to be an obligation. I'm training to improve, not to dig a hole and jump inside. A day off every now and then will be a good thing. A low key night of researching and applying for a job. Garlic Shrimp Voila meal with bread. I made some coffee cake after having dinner. I wanted something hot and sweet for dessert. It was pretty good. Bed by 1am.

January 29th: The weather alert system for school woke me up at 5:53am and then again at 6:05. It was really annoying because I don't even have class on Tuesdays. Back to sleep and up at 9:50. Had a glass of water before an easy 3 miles-(25:15) at 10:30. Showered and had breakfast: banana, apple, coffee cake, and a toasted bagel. Cereal later on at 2.15. I have some messed up eating patterns sometimes. Ate a Clif bar around 5 and two slices of bread at 7:25. Out for another 5 miles-(41:25) at 7:40ish. Felt good. Really bright out because of the moon. Back to shower and eat dinner. Had the leftover garlic shrimp pasta with some bread and a package of ramen noodles. Bed by 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment