Tuesday, February 26, 2013

End Of A Good Week, Start Of Another

February 21st: Ran 9mi.-(1:17:08) at 6:18pm. This is the worst run of the year so far. I had stomach cramps from 5-9mi., just gutted it out and got back feeling weak/sick. I think I was dehydrated along with not having eaten enough throughout the day. My blood sugar levels were out of whack. Immediately drank some water and ate something upon completion of the run.

February 22nd: Ran 6mi.-(40:41) at 5:15pm. Cruising. I felt really good on this one. A solid, faster than usual effort. A good confidence booster to say the least! :) Got back and did some core work.

February 23rd: Big mileage day. 6mi.-(47:14) at 11:52am. I met up with Dan for a solid 7mi.-(50:58) at 4:44pm. He's in good shape. He ran 14.5mi. earlier in the day averaging around 7min. pace. It shows a lot for his fitness level to be able to run another 7mi. with me at a good pace in the course of the same day.Took a 10min. break while talking with Dan and then ran another 2mi.-(17:10) on my own after he left as a cooldown.

February 24th: 8:20am wake up. Changed up and out for 2mi.-(18:28) at 8:58am through the snowy streets. The footing was bad, I just kept slipping. Skipped out on my planned 2nd run because it got worse throughout the day. I am so done with the snow. I would be perfectly fine with only seeing snow 3 weeks out of the entire year. That would be pretty awesome :)
53mi. for the week

February 25th: Ran 3mi.-(24:18) at 10:18am. Got out for another 5mi.-(39:32) at 7:14pm. I felt fairly good. I saw this on fb awhile back. "Running has always been a relief and a sanctuary-something that makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. For me it's not so much about the health benefits. Those are great, but I believe that the best thing about running is the joy it brings to life."-Kara Goucher
She sums it up very well. Late to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment