Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Base Building

January 10th: 8am wake up. Work...8:45am-4:30pm. A few different things for lunch. Clif bar and rice pilaf with black beans leftover from dinner.Went out for a faster-paced 3 miles-(NT) at 5:15pm. Spent the rest of the night with Liz.

January 11th: 9:20am wake up. 5 miles-(39:51) in the dark at 5:30pm with Kurt. We ran on the bike path/snowmobile trail. It was a bit slippery, but not too bad. We could see fine with our headlamps. Ping pong filled night.

January 12th: Watched Bourne Legacy today. It wasn't bad. He's no Matt Damon though...that's for sure. 8 miles-(1:01:42) by myself at 5:15pm. It was very dark and foggy out. I felt like it was consuming me. Cars and their high beams were/are very annoying. I really dislike the idiots that blare their horns right as they go by. If they only knew how discouraging it is to be blared at. I made it back okay though. Picked up the pace towards the end. Plank competition with part of the family. I got 3rd after holding a normal plank position for 3min. 20sec. Seth was 2nd in just over 4min. and then my dad 20-30sec. later. His record is like 4min. 50sec. I have some work to do. The World Record is like 1hr. 20min. by a 40+ year old man....crazinesss.

January 13th: 9:40am wake up and then immediate breakfast. Woke up really hungry. Played a lot of ping pong throughout the day with brothers. I won a few, but lost many. I need a lesson or something. It gets frustrating when you feel like you aren't improving after a couple of hours of playing off and on. 7 miles-(57:05) in the afternoon at 3:40pm. Packed up my things and clean laundry. Drove to a pizza place to meet up with Liz. Got our Greek pizza again. It was pretty good the second time too! :) 35 miles for the week

January 14th: 10:30am wake up. Felt good to sleep in. Took down lights and cleaned up the room while eating cinnamon oatmeal squares. Changed and headed out for 5 miles-(39:06). Went shopping with Liz at a few different stores. Chilled for the rest of the evening. Cooked up a Ramen for "dinner" haha...munched on some more cinnamon oatmeal squares. I'm looking for 42 miles this week. I need to get in racing shape for this spring. I'll start incorporating some workouts in pretty soon. I'd like to get in 5-7 weeks of good solid training before taking to the starting line.

January 15th: 10:30am wake up again haha. Had some cinnamon oatmeal squares for breakfast and then met up with coaches at 12pm for a run. Didn't head out until 12:15. I felt fairly good so I took off from the start. 7 miles-(56:58) Met up with Liz to get lunch at the mall and walk around/through stores. Finally went grocery shopping tonight and also picked up some contact solution because I was running low. Back to the place to have a cornbread muffin with grape jam, banana, bowl of cinnamon harvest with vanilla almond milk, and an apple later on. Latest Facebook status: what's on my mind?....hmmm. I'd like to travel back in time to when I was a 5 year old running around and making sandcastles on the beach somewhere in Florida...no financial or educational worries and no pressures for the future. Life was very simple. I would do a few things differently, but overall I'm happy with what I've done and how far I've come from that little 5 year old who was so full of energy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment