Thursday, January 3, 2013

Very Cold Evening Run/Easy 3/Slippery 5

January 1st 2013: 9:30am wake up. 5 miles-(39:31) easy at 5:56pm after traveling back from home in the afternoon. It was very cold and windy. I wore a neck warmer/face mask and it was literally freezing during the last 15min. of the run. Upon getting back, I showered, had something for dinner, and then a relaxing rest of the night.

January 2nd: 8am wake up and out the door for an easy 3 miles-(24:22) at 8:20am. I felt very drained and unmotivated to run, but I got it done. Back to shower, have breakfast, and head to work. Work 9:50am-4:50pm. It was a long day. Time seemed to go by slowly at work. Went out for dinner with Liz. We got a Greek pizza (spinach, feta, onions, tomato, and no sauce). It was really good :) Rented Prometheus to watch with Liz. It was okay. I wouldn't watch it again.

January 3rd: 8:20am wake up. Slept well. French toast and a banana for breakfast. Lounging around for most of the day. Layered up for 5 miles-(40:40) at 3:20pm. Chilly for the first couple of miles, but got warmer as the run progressed. Went up to water tower the longer way from my place. 2 miles to there and then another mile on the slippery, packed down XC trails. I stayed on my feet thanks to some micro-spikes I was wearing. Felt pretty good during and after. It was definitely a refreshing run to say the least. Back to shower and figure out what was going to be for dinner. Ended up getting a movie from Redbox and then picked up some groceries with Liz as well. Macaroni wheels with butter and Parmesan cheese, salad with Italian dressing, and a piece of oatmeal bread made for a good meal. Bed by 11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment