Thursday, March 7, 2013

Planning On Racing Soon

March 1st: Got in a short run of 4mi.-(32:38) at 6:25am before class. Felt good to be out running early. I have a hard time getting up before 7am most days. African fable/proverb:
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
I need to keep this in mind.

March 2nd: Ran 3mi.-(24:36) at 11:32am. Took a 15min. break to drink some water, down a GU, and stretch out my legs. Jogged for a bit and then right into 5mi.-(35:32---1mi.-5:41, .3mi. rest, 1mi.-6:16, and another 3.7mi.) My planned on 3x1mi. workout didn't happen. I just didn't have the drive today, and I went out too fast on the first one.

March 3rd: Out for 6mi.-(49:02) at 1:25pm. Ran the first 3mi. with Kurt and Seth. We stayed pretty much together the whole time. It was good to run with them! I continued on for another 3mi. by myself. I get sick of running on my own all the time. It gets old fast. I need to find a training partner in the area where I'm staying or something. Someone who is serious about the sport that can push me, but  at the same time, not bury me. A down week for sure with the 2 days I took off mid-week.
36mi. for the week

March 4th: 8:10ish wake up. Got in 3mi.-(25:28) at 8:30ish on the treadmill at home.

March 5th: 3mi.-(24:56) at 10:24am. Ran 6mi-(averaging 7:50min. pace) on a treadmill at the school. Took a 5min. break after 3.6mi. to figure out the weird system on the treadmill and also to stretch. Running quote:
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you have been running for 20 years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, and no membership card to get. You just run.-John Bingham

March 6th: 7:15am wake up. Got ready for the day. Classes until 12:50. Met up with Perry, Chris, Isha, and Catie for a run. Ended up running 6mi.-(1mi.-(NT) and 5mi.-(39:44) Chris, Perry, and myself did some fartleks on Appleton. It was good to get some speed play in even though I was feeling sluggish and heavy. I'm hoping to race this Saturday. I'm not sure if I will yet though. Back to my place to shower and study. Dinner and the rest of the night with Liz :) We had green beans, pasta, and some bread for me. Ice cream for dessert. Of course, it was all delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment