Monday, March 25, 2013

Keeping Goals In Focus

March 18th: Got in 3mi.-(25:20) on the treadmill at home in the morning. It was really boring, but I preferred the set up over freezing my face off outside. Another 6mi.-(50:52) at 6:45pm

March 19th: Took the day off from running. I guess Tuesdays are bad days for running lately. It snowed all day, and classes were cancelled for those who had them.

March 20th: I ran back from dropping off the car to get the exhaust fixed. Added on another 4.8mi. for an even 8mi.-(65:22) at 1:40pm.

March 21st: Changed up and out for 4mi.-(33:22) at 12:32pm

March 22nd: Got in 5mi.-(41:48) at 11:08am

March 23rd: 6:10am wake up. Peterborough Winter Chiller 10k today. Met up with Perry and Tyler at the Tech at 7:15. We carpooled and I drove. Smooth ride with no issues, easy to find. Race registration was in an EMS. Race started across the road at ConVal High School. Ran 8mi.-(1mi.-NT wu, 5.94mi. race-39:01, 1.1mi.-NT cd) It ended up being .3mi. short of a 10k. I lead going down the first hill because I knew a packed snowmobile trail was coming. It was slow going once I hit the trail with next to no traction on my Kinvaras. Opted to not wear my flats because I didn't have time beforehand to change into them. I was probably better off not wearing them anyways. I was in 3rd place for most of the race. I got passed by two people in the last 2mi. because of wicked bad cramping up near my ribs..diaphragm cramping, I think, or just upper abdominis. Finished in 5th place overall and 1st in my age group when 2nd+3rd place overall aren't included. I got some Cadbury cream mini chocolate eggs in the raffle. Uneventful drive back. Stopped and got gas in Hillsborough.

March 24th: Ran 3mi.-(24:16) at 11:52am in hometown. Out for another 7mi.-(53:50) down 109 and back with Kurt at 4:38pm. A longer mileage day with some easy running. My left Achilles tendon was tender all day. Went in the hot tub later on after the 2nd run to aid with recovery. Felt good. The CARS series starts this upcoming Saturday in Gilmanton. I'm not sure if I'll go. I really disliked it last year, but my hamstrings and quads were in rough shape the day before and day of. I'll decide 2-3 days before.
44mi. for the week 

No comments:

Post a Comment