Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Race In Awhile, It Went Really Well

March 7th: Got in 8mi.-(1:03:32) at 11:32am.

March 8th: Easy day. Out for 3mi.-(25:50) at 6:25am. Class wasn't delayed, but teacher was 25min. late because she was stuck behind an accident. Another 3mi.-(23:48) at 4: with 4 striders(40-60 steps) during the last mile. Thankfully, I felt pretty smooth :) Now I just need a good night's sleep and I should be ready to run fast in the morning.

March 9th: Race day! Awww yeahhh! 9mi.-(2mi.-16:54 wu, 2 striders, 3mi.-16:56 race, 2mi.-15:52 cd, and then another 2mi.-16:32 after the awards ceremony)
Spring Ahead 3 Miler Race Report:
Nathan Huppe and Andrew Kwiatkowski went straight to the front with Nate leading. I don't think he was passed once in the whole race. Next year...next year. Anyways, I took off at a solid pace while keeping in control. I was in 7th place through the first half of a mile. I worked my way up into 5th, trying to keep in range of Dan who was in 4th at the time. The 1st mile split was 5:25 with Dan a good 5 seconds in front of me. I really tried to keep pace through the 2nd mile, but I still felt fairly strong. The 2nd mile split was 5:50. I got right up to Dan's shoulder around 2.1mi. Jim who was in 6th went by me at this time and Dan picked it up, thinking it was me about to go by him. I didn't have much of a kick left at 2.6mi. I finished in 6th place overall and 1st in my age group with a 16:56-(6 seconds behind Dan and a 1:01 improvement over last year with a 3rd mile split of 5:41). My Soleus 1.0 GPS watch can be a little off sometimes though. Andrew ended up finishing in 3rd place after being passed by Nacho in the last half of the race. The training in the past 2 months has really paid off. This race bodes well for this year as far as PR's go. I've really been paying attention to how my body feels and taking rest days when needed.

March 10th: Ran 3mi.-(25:16) at 12:45pm. Another 6mi.-(47:24-an out and back route) at 6:22pm with Kurt. Just tried to take it easy today. I was pretty sore from the race.
50mi. for the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment